Monday 7 June 2010

Oh My

While clearing out the garden shed (ex-pigeon loft) this weekend an empty marmalade jar from god-knows how long ago was unearthed. The sight of it took me back to my childhood and breakfast dreams of saving up enough tokens for a Golliwog badge. Did you know some Athena Art shops still sell Golly-centric gifts such as fridge magnets and keychains. Bonza.

We debated sending off the token featured on this label for it to have a journey of its own...I imagine being cooped up in a pigeon loft for five years could send one a little loopy? It could be my very own Amelie-style "thing". The badges and pins themselves are now collectibles, unfortunately I don't think a scrappy piece of paper from a jar would peak much interest. Nonetheless I find the fact that we have unintentionally preserved this empty jar comforting, so, I have peeled and posted it for all to see!

Skier Golly Token

The Lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment